Sunday 18 January 2015

Freshly Made Sketches and My first Copic Coloring!

Hello!

I had a chance to make a card this morning while the kids played downstairs...it was nice! I decided to play along with this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. We have a birthday party for a family friend who is turning two next weekend so I decided to make a card for him.

Here is this week's sketch:



And here is my card:


I pulled out my PTI Trucki' It stamps and dies and decided to give Copic coloring a try. I recently purchased 10 markers as I wanted to make sure I liked coloring before I purchased more markers. I have always loved the way colored images look but was unsure if I could achieve anything close to what I have seen so many others do. I know this is far from perfect, but I am happy with my first try! 

I used my three red markers (R24, R29 and R39) to color the fire truck. I also used a  Lil' Inkers Stitched Circle and a PTI Double Ended banner which I trimmed and finished off with a tiny clothes pin. Everything is mounted on a piece of Echo Park Patterned paper. 

Well it is just about time to put my little one for a nap. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Megan~



5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! So bright and fun! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome coloring...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Megan! Love those fun, bright colours! Great colouring! That fire truck will definitely delight a 2 year old! Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that is excellent for your first ever Copic coloring! Such a cute card! Love that little truck and the cute clothes pin!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS